Now that the old showRSS has been finally and officially shut down, some questions are arising among users… And here's some responses for them:
- Catch for Mac won't work: update to the new one available on GitHub. Use Catch 1.6 if you are running 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks. Use Catch 1.5 if you are running an older version of OS X.
- My feed looks empty: that happens only if you look at the feed in Firefox. The browser is lying to you. It's because it has magnets in it. Use a feed without magnets, or add it directly into a client or program that supports feeds with magnets.
- I've got some URL error when using the new feed: you're probably using a client that has trouble handling feeds with magnets, such as Vuze. Use non-magnet feeds, or switch to a different client (such as uTorrent, or put.io that handles magnet links correctly).
- Downloaded items come in folders: read the F.A.Q. here and this community post for more information. Short answer is: it's going to be like that. It's the price to pay for faster, better releases, more variety and quality.
- I can't remember my password: If your browser used to remember it, you can still find it. You can do this in Firefox and in Chrome. If you still don't remember it, refer to the F.A.Q. to see how to request a password reset.
That's pretty much it. If you've got any other questions arising with the change, post them here and we'll try to solve them!